CMS project template and demo (play-cms-demo)
The play-cms-demo project is the starting point for testing the cms and new projects. It contains a sensible default configuration, plus some demo data, users, an integrated app example and more.
The Git repo and detailed install instructions for different environments can be found here: https://git.insign.rocks/open-source/play-cms/demo
The demo creates some demo content and uses the h2 in-memory db for storage. It is intended to be used as quick-and-easy starting point for your own play-cms project. We've also added a docker-based devops setup for a CI (continuous integration) process.
By default application will be running on http://127.0.0.1:9000/
Log in (credentials see below), modify some content, add new blocks, try to move them around...
Default admin page url: http://127.0.0.1:9000/admin
Explore and start coding ...
Now it's time to explore the demo project. You can use the demo as a quick starting point for your own project.
The play-cms-demo Project is Structured in three subprojects:
- server: play-application
- client: frontend-application written in scala-js
- shared: shared classes between client and server (API-Trait for Autowire-communication)
Read more in chapter Frontend (Browser) Development
Suggested next steps
- Check out the cms features in the front- and backend
- Switch to a persisting database, e.g. MySQL (see application.conf)
- Replace the default admin user with your own
- See how a custom app is integrated by checking out the crud example block
- Start your own project :)
- Ask questions in our play-cms community
Commercial support available
We love our cms and we're here to help you with play-cms projects: From project consulting to developer support to full project teams, we can support your project with everything needed for a successful launch. Contact us via info @ insign.ch for any questions.