The insign Play Auth provides functionality to manage essential information about parties (people and organizations) and about security policies (permissions and roles).
The central point of access to the PlayAuth API is
PlayAuth provides access to the following services:
- AccessControlManager — provides methods for access control discovery and permissions assignment;
- PermissionManager — retains information about defined and assigned permissions, provides tools to create & transform permissions;
- EventDispatcher — dispatches module events and provides methods to add or remove event listeners;
- PartyManager — provides methods to create, retrieve, update and remove parties;
- PartyRoleManager — provide methods to create, retrieve, update and remove party roles;
PlayAuth also provides methods for authentication, impersonation, retrieval of a currently authenticated party's info; it also has shortcuts to some methods of the AccessControlManager.
- Apache Shiro - Official website
- Apache Shiro Reference Documentation
- Java Authentication Guide with Apache Shiro
- Java Authorization Guide with Apache Shiro
- Party archetype pattern - Chapter 4.3 from book Enterprise Patterns and MDA: Building Better Software with Archetype Patterns and UML